Friday, June 4, 2010

Quick mocha Pots de Creme

SO I attemped my first "healthy" dessert yesterday. I found the recipe in Fitness Magazine. I do have to say the recipe was easy to follow and in total I think it took me about 15 minutes. Now after eating one I was satisfied. There was enough chocolate to please my craving and I got to save some for later. Now this recipe I don't think I would make again just for myself but definitely if I was going to a dinner party I would make and bring.

Quick Mocha Pots de Creme
Makes: 15 tarts
Prep: 20 Mins

1 Cup Semisweet Chocolate pieces
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 TBS instant espresso coffee powder
1 2.1 ounce package of baked miniature phyllo dough shells

Melt chocolate, cream, and espresso coffee powder over low heat.
Remove form heat,Let stand 10 minutes to thicken
Spoon into phyllo shells
Let stand 15 minutes
Top with whipped cream just before serving.Mine did not turn out as good as the picture but I was satisfied. I would give this a 3 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment