Monday, February 8, 2010

A new look on life

I am starting this blog to share my findings and feeling about different fitness objectives. I will be putting up workouts I enjoy as well as new healthy recipes that I find.

Today I took a three mile walk at Meyer Park. I have walked there many times before but found a new section that goes around a pond. The great thing about that is that the trail has some elevation in different parts. Giving me legs a better workout than I had anticipated. Its hard when you live in Houston, Texas to find hills that do not come with a treadmill. Today was a great change for my other walks I had been going on.

We you take on walking a suggest that you have some good music to listen to. Comfortable shoes and socks and some water. The water will rehydrate you and act a a simple weight to add to your walk.

You would think after so many years of fitness I would be prepared but today I ended my walk with a blister on my heel and thirsty. Though the music I was listening to did help make the three miles pass quickly.

For today keep your goals achievable and your mind toward a long healthy life

No comments:

Post a Comment