Sunday, March 21, 2010

The Struggles

You will always go through some ups and downs when you are working on becoming or staying a healthy individual wither you are already in good shape or are starting from the beginning. I had been making good progress on my walking and had made it up to walking 5 days a week and was covering about 4 miles in an hour. I could feel and see some changes to my body and then I got sick with a stomach Virus. I was out from an though of exercise or eating for that matter Monday to Thursday. This past week was a complete failure to my progress, but things like this will always happen.

With being out for a week and not getting food in my system for four days, it now pains me to even walk up the stairs just to get into my apartment. I could not find the motivation to go out and walk on Sunday but am excited to be able to get back out to my park tomorrow and hit the trails. It might be a slow walk tomorrow but these are the things (setback) the demotivate people to workout. You have to push through them one day at a time and don't be afraid to start over.

With my clients I have now started a program called Embrace America. It is a walking program to walk from California to New York, it is over a 3000 mile journey but this will help them to get into a routine of walking. I have been walking all along but have not been keeping track of my own miles. Starting Monday I will keep track myself and let you know of my progress each day.

Check back tomorrow on hows my adventures went!

No comments:

Post a Comment