Monday, August 9, 2010

Back on the bike

I enjoy many different types of cardio activities, and I am excited to say I am going to start riding my bike again. It had been stored in my sisters garage since I moved to the Houston area two years ago. FINALLY, two years later I made some room in my car and picked it up after training down in Kemah today.

I was excited to see that once the tires were pumped up, they held the air and I was ready for a bike ride.
A few tasks I thought I should complete before my first bike ride.
Task one: Get my bike helmet from the closet.....Did I find it?..NO
Ok, I can go one day without a helmet.
Task two: Connect breaks. Front one...Check...Back one, oooppsss it does not work.
Ok, one break for now, I can deal with that.
Task three: Grease up chain....check
I grabbed my water and bag with keys and phone and head out the door. I rode around my apt complex quickly just to make sure everything would hold together. IT DID!!

So I headed down the sidewalk and around the corner to a local fountain, which I thought had a small trail around it. Nope, it did not. So I rode up and down the side walks for about 15 minutes and then headed back to the apt. It was a little disappointing not getting to get a great workout in with it today but I will try tomorrow.

The bad part about where I live is that it is in between 3 busy roads and the 4th, that is not so busy, does not have a sidewalk and is two lane. So tomorrow I will put down the seats in the bug, disconnect my one working break, take the front wheel off, put it in my car , and head off to the local park/bike trails after work.

Today made me miss good old East Texas Nacogdoches and being able to ride to a trail in about 2 minutes no mater where I was living in the town.
-Time to move out of the city!
-Off to find my helmet!



The infamous bike and myself!! It does not get the luxury of staying inside but it does get to be on our patio.

Hey, look what I finally found. I looked all over the closets and where did I finally find it? In the laundry room...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment